Kamyab Jawan Youth Empowerment Programme Scheme
Prime Minister of Pakistan will launch the ‘Kamyab Jawan Programme’ today in Islamabad. This program is designed for the welfare of youth across the country to support them in starting their own businesses.
According to ARY News, the inauguration ceremony for the ‘Kamyab Jawan Programme’ will take place at the Convention Centre, Islamabad where the federal authorities have completed all the preparation.
Prime Minister's #KamyabJawan Youth Programme will be launched today. Education, social engagement & employment will be our focus areas. We have a long way to go but this is the start of a new era for the youth of Pakistan. pic.twitter.com/lMwKU5Y2NX
— Usman Dar (@UdarOfficial) October 17, 2019
Special Assistant to the Premier on Youth Affairs Usman Dar became active for the small and medium enterprises (SMEs) lending program’s success. He also met various prominent leaders from PTI including Asad Umar, Jehangir Tareen, Faisal Javed, and others to discuss the final preparations for this ceremony.
What is Kamyab Jawan Programme?
Kamyab Jawan Youth Empowerment Programme Scheme is designed by the government of Pakistan to help the youth achieve their goals of a bright future by offering opportunities to utilize their entrepreneurial potential to the fullest. The GOP is offering low-cost business loans up to Rs. 5,000,000/-
The program comprises two categories:
- In the first category, the youth will be provided with loans from 100,000 to 500,000 rupees to start their business.
- In the second category, the youth will be provided with loans from 500,000 to five million rupees.
— M.BILAL PTI✌🇵🇰 (@MBILALPTI4) October 17, 2019
Loans can be availed for setting up of new business or expansion of the existing one. All eligible persons can apply for the loan by visiting the designated online portal (to be announced by GOP) or seek assistance from all participating banks i.e. National Bank of Pakistan, The Bank of Khyber and The Bank of Punjab.
No other mode of application submission other than through a designated online portal should be acceptable. The scheme also encourages women to start their own business as 25% of the loans will go to women borrowers.
- All men/women/transgenders holding CNIC, aged between 21 and 45 years with entrepreneurial potential. For IT/E-Commerce related businesses, the lower age limit will be 18 years.
- Small Enterprises (startups and existing businesses) as per the definition of SBP and owned by youth as per the above-mentioned age brackets.
- For IT/E-Commerce related businesses, at least matriculation and/or experience of at least 6 months will be required
For more details, visit here.